Mosaic Advertising is seeking a Web Developer
Mosaic Advertising Agency is seeking a web developer with strong front-end skills.
The ideal candidate will have 7 or more years of experience working as a web developer. You will communicate with your director and Project Manager regarding your abilities and the status of current and upcoming projects.
We are interested in simple solutions to complex problems. We strive to attain the simplest and most sustainable way of accomplishing our goals. This does not mean taking the easy way out, but rather, to never over-think a problem. This also means you must be dedicated to commenting your code in an understandable manner and writing how-to documents. You must understand that you may not be the only one to read/modify your code in the future.
You may be asked to review design comps for potential front-end coding issues and assist your director in devising quotes for various tasks. We follow a very detailed process so that our web developers are not put into projects with unanswered questions. You will know exactly what the goals are before you start coding.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing front-end code for web projects.
- Clearly communicate time needed to complete projects.
- Volunteer to help others when you can.
- Report on the progress of your current projects to your director and Project Manager.
- Alert your director and/or Project Manager of any potential scope creep.
- Look for the most simple and sustainable means of completing tasks.
- Stick to the wire-frames and design comps you were provided with. Do not throw in functionality. (Follow our process.)
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Communicate to your director and Project Manager regarding your abilities and deadlines. (If you’re not sure how to do something, don’t guess, let us know.)
- Your primary area of interest is front-end development. Server Administrators or Back-end Developers with some front-end experience will not be considered.
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and generally organized.
- Excellent communication.
- Previous experience in following a methodology or process.
- Knowledge of, or dedicated to learning, best practices in web development.
- Must be proficient in JQuery.
Candidates with some or advanced knowledge of PHP, SQL, database management tools, WordPress, JSON or server administration will be preferred.
Submit your resume and portfolio to: Careers@MosaicWebsite.com